[CMake] Setting up a proxy server that Cmake knows about

Lober, Randy rrlober at sandia.gov
Mon May 18 19:38:48 EDT 2009

Sorry about the newbie question, I've done a bit of google searches and
searching on itk.org and I have not found this answer yet:

I am wanting to test building the checked out cmakeified sources from

http://code.google.com/p/cmakeports/source/browse/#svn/trunk/ports

and my cmake command hangs at

[/home/rrlober/test_tpls/workspace/cmakeports/cmakeports-read-only:487 ]
cmake .
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Downloading http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz to
zlib/zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz...

I am certain because it does not yet know about the proxy server I am
required to sit behind -

In the file

ports/zlib/CMakeLists.txt

I find a command

    set(zlib_url http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz PARENT_SCOPE)

How do I set values for the http proxy and the http proxy port such that
these downloads will complete?

I have tried simple env variable settings or my proxy values like

HTTP_PROXY=http://wwwproxy.sandia.gov:80/

But these have not flown so far. Any hints welcome.

Many thanks,

--Randy

|Randy R. Lober                Email: rrlober at sandia.gov              |
|Sandia National Laboratories  Systems Engineering, Integration & Test|
|P.O. Box 5800, MS 0835                                               |
|Albuquerque, NM 87185-0835    (505) 845-9353 FAX 284-1242            |