[CMake] Problem with FindBoost.cmake

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Sun May 17 14:35:54 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Philip Lowman <philip at yhbt.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have built Boost 1.39 on Windows with static libraries, and they are
>> named like so:
>>
>> libboost_filesystem-mt.lib
>>
>> When I try to do this:
>>
>> find_package( Boost REQUIRED COMPONENTS filesystem )
>>
>> I get an error saying it could not find boost_filesystem. If I rename the
>> above library and remove the 'lib' prefix, so it is just
>> "boost_filesystem-mt.lib", it finds it. Does the FindBoost.cmake module not
>> support the lib prefix on Windows? This might be an inconsistency on Boost's
>> part.
>>

> Have you set(Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS ON)?
>
> This might be related to a post a while back which never was fully resolved
> involving FindBoost and static libs / dynamic stdlib vs. static libs /
> static stdlib.
>
> Also, which version of FindBoost are you using?

I'm using the one packaged with CMake 2.6.4. Normally, the FindXXX modules
will provide any configurable options as variables in the cache. However, in
this case, it seems like the FindBoost module checks
for Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS, but does not make it immediately visible in the
cache (i.e. the user has to set it themselves).