[CMake] Masm support for Visual Studio generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sat May 16 11:37:23 EDT 2009

On Friday 15 May 2009, Dmitry Bely wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Alexander Neundorf
>
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 May 2009, Dmitry Bely wrote:
> >> Is it expected to work in Cmake 2.6.4? There is no problem with nmake
> >> generator but in Visual Studio all .asm files have an empty custom
> >> build command line.
> >
> > I think nobody has tried this yet.
>
> Nobody ever tried any assembler with Visual Studio generator?

Yes, I think so.
We are just now starting to get some feedback on the assembler support.

> > I guess we need your help, ideally patches for the Visual Studio project
> > generators.
> > (I don't have Windows around, so I can't really implement that)
>
> So hacking .cmake files is not enough. OK. But I am afraid that
> digging into CMake .cxx sources is not that easy...

but maybe also not that hard :-)
I would suggest you create a simple hello-world project consisting of only
once C file with Visual Studio, and then create an identical project, but
with one additional assembler file. Then compare the project files Visual
Studio has generated.
With that information then go into
CMake/Source/cmGlobalVisualStudio*Generator.cxx abd
cmLocalVisualStudio*Generator.cxx

Alex