[CMake] CPack - Beta or Alpha version?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:32:04 EDT 2009

2009/5/13 Brandon Olivares <programmer2188 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the list of CPack variables. There are variables to set the
> major, minor, and patch version numbers. But isn't there anything to set a
> beta or alpha number?
>
> For instance, what if I wanted a 1.0B1 version?

SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR "1")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR "0B1")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH "")

Those 3 are used to build the CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION
thus you may overwrite the CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION alltogether with
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION "1.0B1").

The CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION is defined by CPack iff it is not already defined:

from CPack.cmake:
cpack_set_if_not_set(CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION
"${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MAJOR}.${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_MINOR}.${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION_PATCH}")

--
Erk