[CMake] Generated source file dependencies

Denis Scherbakov denis_scherbakov at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 05:13:52 EDT 2009

> >> The problem is that when using visual studio, A
> might be
> >> built before B, and fails to build because B.h has
> not yet
> >> be generated.
> >
> > Did you try
> >
> > ADD_DEPENDENCIES(A  B)
> >
> > ?
>
> I have TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(A B), so I think the library
> dependency is correctly handled. But there is still no
> dependency to B.h.

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES are link-time dependencies
ADD_DEPENDENCIES are "something must be built before something"

# From the manual: Adding dependencies with ADD_DEPENDENCIES can be used to make sure one target is built before another target.
# TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES: Specify a list of libraries to be linked into the specified target.