[CMake] find_libary

Micha Renner Micha.Renner at t-online.de
Mon May 11 01:11:46 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, den 08.05.2009, 20:10 +0200 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Thursday 07 May 2009, Micha Renner wrote:
> > If I use FIND_LIBRARY(_result name1), I have a strange effect, which I
> > do not understand.
> >
> > E.g FIND_LIBRARY(_result tiff) works as it should.
> >
> > FIND_LIBRARY(_result gs) fails. An inspection with nautilus shows
> > libgs.so is located in /usr/lib.
> >
> > glib, fontconfig, pango etc. could be found.
> > graph, gsm, glitz-glx not. (All in /usr/lib)
> >
> > What is the criteria that FIND_LIBRARY can find a library?
>
> I guess you are aware that in the following code the second call will do
> nothing if the first one succeeded ?
Yes, in this case I realized it. (Always a good point to create
confusion)

> FIND_LIBRARY(_result tiff)
> FIND_LIBRARY(_result gs)
>
> (because _result has already a valid value, which means for find_library()
> that it doesn't have to do anything)
>
> Do you have the development versions of these libs installed, i.e. the ones
> without the full version (libgs.so)
No

Fortunately, we can stop here, because I noticed that with "gs" the
ghostscript-interpreter was meant and not the library.

> Can you post a full failing example ?
# Okay
FIND_LIBRARY(_path1 fontconfig)
MESSAGE(STATUS "_> "${_path1})
# Failed
FIND_LIBRARY(_path2 gs)
MESSAGE(STATUS "_> "${_path2})
# Failed
FIND_LIBRARY(_path3 spectre)
MESSAGE(STATUS "_> "${_path3})

Meanwhile, I think, this has nothing to do with CMake. The autotools
have the same "problem".

Thanks for responds.

Micha