[CMake] CMake and Visual Studio

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sat May 9 23:12:47 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Brandon Olivares
<programmer2188 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-05-09, Michael Jackson wrote:
>> take a look at the following location:
>>
>> <http://www.bluequartz.net/cgi-
>> bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=MXADataModel.git;a=tree
>>>

> Thank you very much! I will take a look at that.
>
> Just another quick question (sorry if this is already covered in that code).
> My code will be depending on at least two libraries, so I will need to
> package them with the application. What is the best way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

Different programmers do different things. If you can recompiled the
dependent libraries as static libraries then that solves the problems
on all platforms. If you stick with shared libraries then depending on
which platform you are on you can do different things. Most folks have
some sort of cmake "install" commands that will copy the shared
libraries into the distribution location. There are also some
predefined macros for OS X that will package up your application into
the proper structure. Take a look through the code for some examples
of how to do these types of things. My code just represents one way to
accomplish these, other people will suggest other valid ways to do the
same thing.

Mike Jackson