[CMake] FindQt4.cmake returns too much irrelevant information

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri May 8 14:32:01 EDT 2009

I just realized that some of the debug and optimized keyword logic inside
FindQt4.cmake appears outside an IF(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES OR
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE) logic block which considerably weakens my case.  Also, I
acknowlege that there is so much information available from FindQt4.cmake it
is an extremely difficult problem to come up with a clean design, and I am
not sure I could do any better than what is already in FindQt4.cmake. So
that is the end of that particular "clean design" sub-topic of this thread.

Thanks, Mike, for the suggestion of using QT_*_LIBRARY_DEBUG or
QT_*_LIBRARY_RELEASE, but I am concerned those rather long lists of
variables might change in the future requiring on-going maintenance.
Therefore, I have decided to write a general macro to go through a
particular LIBRARIES list and generate three LIBRARIES lists based on the
general (or no keyword), debug, and optimized keywords that are found. I
plan to use the three such lists generated from QT_LIBRARIES for PLplot's
particular pkg-config export needs.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).