[CMake] CPack RPM and rpm 4.6.x

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri May 8 12:03:04 EDT 2009

Hi All CPack RPM users,

Problems have been reported when using CPack RPM generator with
rpm/rpmbuild version greater or equal than 4.6.0.
(Fedora Core 10 or greater,  Mandriva 2009 and greater, etc...)

I've submitted a simple patch borrowing solution from Dmitry Gerasimov:

The patch should work just fine with previous rpm/rpmbuild version too.
I have made some non-regression testing myself, I'd be glad if other
may test the patch on their own system and add a comment to
the tracker (or on the ML if do not have tracker account)  if they have
problem with it.

If you want to test the patch just pick the CPackRPM.cmake file attached
to the tracker and either replace your current CPackRPM.cmake file
or put CPackRPM.cmake in your CMake module path.

Then
cd /your/buildir
cpack -D CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_DEBUG=1 -G RPM

will build the RPM with extra output from CPackRPM which will show
soimething like:
CPackRPM:Debug: rpmbuild version is <4.4.2.3>
telling you the RPM version.

You may report any failure or success
(the tracker is the preferred place in order to avoid spaming the list)

--
Erk