[CMake] CMake's Desktop Shortcut

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:23:02 EDT 2009

When installing CMake 2.6.4 on Windows XP, I notice that the shortcut that
the installer creates links to the deprecated GUI, or at least, that's what
the shortcut's text says. If this GUI is deprecated, why is the installer
encouraging its use by creating a link to it from the desktop? Unless there
is some specific reason for this, I would like to create a feature request
on the mantis bug tracker about this and hopefully 2.6.5 will link the
correct (newer) GUI for CMake.

I wanted to check in with you guys on the list before I assumed it was a
bug.