[CMake] Problem with FindPythonLibs

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Fri May 8 06:13:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I ran into a problem with FindPythonLibs.cmake on a 64-bit machine.
Somehow, CMake cannot find the python library, and I don't know why.

---- CMakeLists.txt ----
project("MyProject" NONE)
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
set_property(GLOBAL PROPERTY FIND_LIBRARY_USE_LIB64_PATHS TRUE)
find_package(PythonInterp)
find_package(PythonLibs)

Output of running CMake:
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python2.6
-- Could NOT find PythonLibs  (missing:  PYTHON_LIBRARIES)
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /tmp/loose/cmake/build

$ ls /usr/lib64/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.a
/usr/lib64/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.a

So, it appears as if CMake is not searching the /usr/lib64 directory. Am
I missing something, or is this a bug in FindPythonLibs.cmake?

BTW: Is there a way to see which directories are actually searched by
any of the find_XXX commands? The --trace option does not show this.

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.