[CMake] CMake generates XCode project with incorrect dependency

Shmulik Regev shmulbox at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:36:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problems as described in
http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg18865.html . I have an
executable E with a dependency on a static library L. When I view the
information for E (using Get Info) I can see that the "Direct Dependencies"
list indeed includes the library L, BUT the "Linked Libraries" list is
empty. What this causes is that E is properly linked with L, but when L
changes E is NOT automatically linked with the new version.

I've peeked into the generated Xcode project format and it seems that the
section called PBXFrameworksBuildPhase is empty. However in manually build
Xcode projects this section will include the reference to those missing
"Linked Libraries". I took a look into cmake's source
(cmGlobalXCodeGenerator::CreateXCodeTargets) and saw that it contains code
to populate this list, but only when the file type is
"compiled.mach-o.objfile" . Perhaps allowing for more file types would solve
this issue.

Cheers,
Shmul