[CMake] Changing the default compiler of VC++

ankit jain ankitguddu at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:58:48 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Actually I am porting my code on windows but since windows don't understand
the unix libraries iam using third party toolkit mks earlier to build the
code and linking all the headers and libraries of mksnt.

but now i am not using mks and directly building the code using visual
studio .net 2003. since VC++ uses cl compiler by defualt i want to change it
through cmakelist variable CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CXX variable to the compiler
used by mks i.e cxx.

But when iam doing so it is still using cl. I am not getting from where it
is taking cl complier and not changing to whatever i want.

It might feel auckward to some of you that why iam changing to mks compiler
becuase  iwant to check my code whether without opening mks bash if iam
direclty using its compiler will it work or not..

I request you all to tell me how it can de done so that my VC++ takes cxx
compiler of mks toolkit rather its default cl compiler...
why changing cmake variable doesnot have any effect on it that i mentioned
above for compiler...

Regards-
Ankit Jain