[CMake] Looking for documentation on coverage analysis with cmake

Thorben Kröger thorbenk at gmx.net
Mon May 4 03:08:32 EDT 2009

Hi,
I've googled for quite a long time and looked into the CMake book, but I
cannot find some good information about CTest's make ExperimentalCoverage
target. At this stage, I have everything set up, but I need some help
interpreting the output.

I want to do coverage analysis of a library we wrote. I specifically need to
tell cmake that some third party libraries we use should _not_ be considered
when calculating percentages.

I also wonder if there is a way to generate some nice html pages locally that
show the coverage for each source file, like it seems possible with cdash (We
don't have a dashboard unfortunately) or lcov.

Thanks for any tips,

Thorben