[CMake] Need help with GLOB expression

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:01:18 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> Robert Dailey wrote:
>
>  Just like regex, I don't believe there is an official "standard" for glob
>> expressions. I think what you should do is implement the common intersection
>> set of functionality just like everyone else does. You're trying to find the
>> "right" way to do it when a right way has not been officially defined as far
>> as I know.
>>
> I am thinking the right thing might be document what it does right now.
>  CMake GLOB does *,?, and [].   Then add a regular expression interface as
> well for more complicated things.  Of course if someone has a tested working
> patch for glob that adds {}, that might change things.

I definitely agree with you here. The lack of (easily available)
documentation for globbing expressions is quite a problem and should be one
of the things with the highest priority. I usually reference the CMake 2.6
documentation on the official website and I expect everything to be
centralized and consolidated so that I (as a user of CMake) can reliably
find all of the information I need in one place.