[CMake] Need help with GLOB expression

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:32:32 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> Robert Dailey wrote:
>

>> But it does work! I've tested it several times with much success! I'm not
>> sure what you're saying about *.c, *.cxx, and *.h. Could you explain? Also,
>> I won't have access to a bash shell on Windows. I'd rather CMake just work
>> instead of trying to find silly workarounds like this.
>>
>> I'll put in the feature request for {} and at some point in the future it
>> can be addressed.
>>
> Can someone point me to a definition of what glob is supposed to have in
> it?  It seems to vary from php glob, perl glob, various different shell
> globs, etc.  I can not seem to find a definitive answer as to what a glob
> function is supposed to do, other than it is something shy of a regular
> expression.  The CMake one seems to do about the same as a bash shell as far
> as I can tell.

Just like regex, I don't believe there is an official "standard" for glob
expressions. I think what you should do is implement the common intersection
set of functionality just like everyone else does. You're trying to find the
"right" way to do it when a right way has not been officially defined as far
as I know.