[CMake] How can I manage the Qt4's .rc file with CMake?

Kermit Mei kermit.mei at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:04:35 EDT 2009

Hello community! I want to change my program's icon on windows, and it
wrote with Qt4. I looked up the assistant, it told me the following.

But I don't know how to use it in cmake?
And, another question: If I use MinGW+Qt, but not M$ VC++, can I use it?

Thanks.

---------------------------Qt Assistant------------------------
Setting the Application Icon on Windows

First, create an ICO format bitmap file that contains the icon image.
This can be done with e.g. Microsoft Visual C++: Select File|New, then
select the File tab in the dialog that appears, and choose Icon. (Note
that you do not need to load your application into Visual C++; here we
are only using the icon editor.)

Store the ICO file in your application's source code directory, for
example, with the name myappico.ico. Then, create a text file called,
say, myapp.rc in which you put a single line of text:

IDI_ICON1               ICON    DISCARDABLE     "myappico.ico"

Finally, assuming you are using qmake to generate your makefiles, add
this line to your myapp.pro file:

RC_FILE = myapp.rc

Regenerate your makefile and your application. The .exe file will now be
represented with your icon in Explorer.

If you do not use qmake, the necessary steps are: first, run the rc
program on the .rc file, then link your application with the
resulting .res file.