[CMake] set_property on sources causing extra files to be rebuilt

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Mar 24 17:16:27 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 20 March 2009, Daniel Nelson wrote:
> > It looks like the projects flags.make is updated every time any compile
> > flag or definition changes, and every object file in the project depends
> > on flags.make. In the case of properties set using set_property() the
> > only part of the flags.make that changes is the comment, so maybe it
> > would be best to put these comments into a different file that is not a
> > dependency?
>
> Do you have the same effect when you use SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES()
> instead ?

I checked, it has the same behaviour, also with cmake cvs.
It is actually on purpose that the comments change, since this enforces the
rebuilding of the object files if only the flags are changed.
(if flags.make is generated without these comments, object files are not
rebuilt when the flags are changed).
Maybe it could be made more fine granular.

Alex