[CMake] CTest: Toggling BUILD_TESTING triggers a project recompile

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:47:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a project that uses CTest. I'm using the auto-generated BUILD_TESTING
variable to enable/disable the test-related parts of my build tree. What
strikes me as unusual is that when I build my project with  BUILD_TESTING
set to ON (hence all test executables are built), and then toggle
BUILD_TESTING to OFF, the subsequent call to make rebuilds all my project
from scratch. I would expecting the build to do nothing, since all other
targets have suffered no changes. Is this behavior intentional?

Thanks in advance

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian

Robotics engineer