[CMake] CMake and multiple Microsoft compilers on windows

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:18:46 EDT 2009

>> Makes sense. So then I should be opening cmake-gui from the compiler's
>> command prompt instead of the shortcut on the desktop. Not a big deal
>> I am one to use the command prompt all the time windows or linux..
>>
> I'm not very familar with cmake-gui but I don't see another option.

Thanks. You got me to thinking...

When I think of it, there is a second option for me. This is to setup
the environment variables to default to VS2005 since I build all my
CMake projects under windows with that version. The rest of the
compilers except 2008 are for application support for software I wrote
under MFC years ago. When you run the IDE for each of these it does
not use the environment variables anyways and my old non cmake build
process (my own batch files / installer generator) for these directly
sets up the environment for each application projects.

John