[CMake] moc Cannot open options file specified with @

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:38:34 EDT 2009

I have been using CMake with my Qt projects for a few months now and
every once and a while moc fails with
"Cannot open options file specified with @"

I did a google search and ended up finding my own post to this list on
the same subject in April of last year.

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-April/021263.html

That time it was with visual studio 2003 now I have 2005 and the
problem is more rare however it still occurs. Usually exiting visual
studio fixes it but this time I am not having any luck. I have
regenerated the project 3 times and it still is happening.

3>------ Build started: Project: laBatchProcessing, Configuration:
Debug Win32 ------
2>Generating Include/moc_pqMultiView.cxx
3>Generating Include/moc_QCmdQuit.cxx
3>moc: Cannot open options file specified with @
2>moc: Cannot open options file specified with @
2>Usage: moc [options] <header-file>
2>  -o<file>           write output to file rather than stdout
2>  -I<dir>            add dir to the include path for header files
2>  -E                 preprocess only; do not generate meta object code
2>  -D<macro>[=<def>]  define macro, with optional definition
2>  -U<macro>          undefine macro
2>  -i                 do not generate an #include statement
2>  -p<path>           path prefix for included file
2>  -f[<file>]         force #include, optional file name
2>  -nw                do not display warnings
2>  -v                 display version of moc
3>Usage: moc [options] <header-file>
3>  -o<file>           write output to file rather than stdout
3>  -I<dir>            add dir to the include path for header files
3>  -E                 preprocess only; do not generate meta object code
3>  -D<macro>[=<def>]  define macro, with optional definition
3>  -U<macro>          undefine macro
3>  -i                 do not generate an #include statement
3>  -p<path>           path prefix for included file
3>  -f[<file>]         force #include, optional file name
3>  -nw                do not display warnings
3>  -v                 display version of moc
2>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
"Generating Include/moc_pqMultiView.cxx"
2>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Programming\VC.80\Qt\LungAnalysis\External\kwCoreLib\kwCoreLib.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
3>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
"Generating Include/moc_QCmdQuit.cxx"
2>kwCoreLib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
3>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Programming\VC.80\Qt\LungAnalysis\Libraries\Internal\laBatchProcessing\laBatchProcessing.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
3>laBatchProcessing - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
4>------ Skipped Build: Project: uninstall, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
5>------ Build started: Project: UserInterface, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
6>------ Build started: Project: LungAnalysis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>Compiling...
5>main.cxx
6>Generating Include/moc_upmcLungCTSeries.cxx
6>moc: Cannot open options file specified with @
6>Usage: moc [options] <header-file>
6>  -o<file>           write output to file rather than stdout
6>  -I<dir>            add dir to the include path for header files
6>  -E                 preprocess only; do not generate meta object code
6>  -D<macro>[=<def>]  define macro, with optional definition
6>  -U<macro>          undefine macro
6>  -i                 do not generate an #include statement
6>  -p<path>           path prefix for included file
6>  -f[<file>]         force #include, optional file name
6>  -nw                do not display warnings
6>  -v                 display version of moc
6>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
"Generating Include/moc_upmcLungCTSeries.cxx"
6>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Programming\VC.80\Qt\LungAnalysis\LungAnalysis.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
6>LungAnalysis - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
5>X:\CMakeBased\LungAnalysis\External\kwCoreLib\include\pqMultiViewFrame.h(37)
: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'ui_pqMultiViewFrameMenu.h': No such file or directory
5>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Programming\VC.80\Qt\LungAnalysis\Development\UserInterface\UserInterface.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
5>UserInterface - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
7>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 4 failed, 1 up-to-date, 2 skipped ==========

--
John M. Drescher