[CMake] CMake shared libraries, install, and rpath

Bartlett, Roscoe A rabartl at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 18 16:47:26 EDT 2009

Hello,

How can we get CMake to deal with installed shared libraries and set the rpath correctly in a portable way?  The issue is that we have is that we need to enable client applications to link to installed Trilinos shared libraries and provide for them, in an automatic way, the right link line so that they can build and run the executable without having to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually.  Also, these clients will be using dumb makefiles and we provide to them an "export makefile" fragment that they just include and it defines all of the needed compile and link flags and libraries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Ross