[CMake] Endless loop in cmake-2.6.2 on AIX with -DCMAKE_Fortran_Compiler=...

Joachim Geiger joachim.geiger at ipp.mpg.de
Mon Mar 16 08:53:16 EDT 2009

Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> Joachim Geiger wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> this is more or less to document a bug in the cmake version 2.6.2 seen
>>> on AIX version 5.3 when using the option to redefine the fortran
>>> compiler. For example:
>>> 11:13> ../cmake-2.6.2-AIX-powerpc/bin/cmake ../test_project
>>> -DCMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER=f95
>>
>> What if you do this:
>>
>> export FC=f95
>> ./cmake-2.6.2-AIX-powerpc/bin/cmake ../test_project
>>

> Also, I am pretty sure this was fixed in 2.6.3.
>
> -Bill
Hi,
setting the compiler with the environment variable works fine. I used
-DCMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER because I thought it to be equivalent.
You are right that it is fixed in 2.6.3, I put down a remark on this in
my mail.
However, I was not able to find this in the Changelogs leading from
2.6.2 to 2.6.3, but I may have overlooked it. If this is the case, then
"Sorry!".

- Joachim

P.S.: cmake is a great tool!