[CMake] Endless loop in cmake-2.6.2 on AIX with -DCMAKE_Fortran_Compiler=...

Joachim Geiger joachim.geiger at ipp.mpg.de
Mon Mar 16 06:23:02 EDT 2009

Hello,
this is more or less to document a bug in the cmake version 2.6.2 seen
on AIX version 5.3 when using the option to redefine the fortran
compiler. For example:
11:13> ../cmake-2.6.2-AIX-powerpc/bin/cmake ../test_project
-DCMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER=f95
-- The Fortran compiler identification is VisualAge
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: f95
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: f95 -- works
-- Checking whether f95 supports Fortran 90
-- Checking whether f95 supports Fortran 90 -- yes
-- FC_ID=f95
-- Configuring done
You have changed variables that require your cache to be deleted.
Configure will be re-run and you may have to reset some variables.
The following variables have changed:
CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER= f95

-- The Fortran compiler identification is VisualAge
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: f95

I stopped it here since this goes on as long as you like.
It is important to note that this bug is gone with version 2.6.3.
Additionally, on my linux systems I did not observe this endless loop
with version 2.6.2.
Since I could not find anything related in the mailing list and on the
web, I thought it best to add it to the mailing list.

Best regards,

Joachim Geiger