[CMake] MACOSX_BUNDLE_ICON_FILE bug

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sat Mar 14 10:42:35 EDT 2009

On Mar 14, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Mike Arthur wrote:

> On Saturday 14 March 2009 14:23:51 Michael Jackson wrote:
>> Well I thought that was what I was supposed to do. If I give it the
>> path then it automatically gets installed into the bundle. Obviously
>> that will not work without some modifications/bug fix to CMake.
>>
>> What installation code are you using?
> I'm not any more, I'm now using the Bundle CPack generator. I
> believe I just
> installed it to "Resources" or to ".".
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Mike Arthur
> http://mikearthur.co.uk/

I tried the following and it seems to work:

  SET(MACOSX_BUNDLE_ICON_FILE QRoboMetImporter.icns)

  SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES(${RoboMetTools_RESOURCES_DIR}/
QRoboMetImporter.icns
                               PROPERTIES
                               MACOSX_PACKAGE_LOCATION Resources)

And I get the icon copied into the bundle during the normal cmake/make
time (not sure which one).

So I am going to do with that until some one tells me different.

One day I'll look into CPack but for now it is easy enough just to
copy the installation tree onto another computer (for the non-OS X
platforms).

THanks for the heads up

Mike Jackson