[CMake] 1 tricky question, 1 bug report

Denis Scherbakov denis_scherbakov at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 10:17:07 EDT 2009

Dear CMake list subscripers,

I have a project with verious ADD_LIBRARY/ADD_EXECUTABLE targets in different subdirectories. Some of these targets depend on mico corba, some don't. As well as some depend on libxml2, some don't.

We have developers working on sub-projects, which do not require mico nor libxml2. How to check for required dependencies, when user types "gmake <Projectname>". Because only then I know if mico and libxml2 are required or not.

And what is the difference between MACRO and FUNCTION?

The following Fortran code cannot be compiled with CMake, because CMake looks for module called "name", which of course, does not exist. If I replace "Module" with "_Module_" the code compiles.
=============forbug.f
C    Line 1  (Output)   ; Module name

      SUBROUTINE PRINT_SOMETHING()
        WRITE(*,*) 'Something'
      END
=============CMakeLists.txt
PROJECT(FORBUG Fortran)

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6.1 FATAL_ERROR)

SET (FORBUG_SRCS
     forbug.f
)

ADD_LIBRARY(forbug ${FORBUG_SRCS})