[CMake] Linking cmake build library to a shell script

ankit jain ankitguddu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 05:38:47 EDT 2009

2009/3/13 Mattias Helsing <helsing72 at gmail.com>

> Hello Ankit,
>
> On 3/13/09, ankit jain <ankitguddu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a shell script. I want to link it with a library that i have build
> > using cmake. Is it possible to do so.
> > I am running this shell script using cmake.
>
> You need to describe what you want to do in much more detail. What
> kind of link are you talking about? The first interpretation I made
> was that you are using a linker to link a library and a shell script
> into <whatever>. Is it that you
> * want to call the linker from the script?
> * linking them in the context of packaging so they get installed together?
> * <more wild guesses>
>
> Perhaps you could take a look at
>  http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> so that we(I or any real cmake expert) can at least have a chance of
> helping you without wild guesses.
>
> Mattias
>

>  Iam sorry that i am not able to explain you properly.

Actually in my shl scripts there are certains commadns that i use. these
commands are nothing but executbale which require some arguments. these
executables are actaully created by cmake. Also certain commands can only be
run from some libraries which are build by cmake.

I am actually getting errors while running that shell script.
Error are like: <command_name> not found.
It is because iam not able to link that shell script or say not able to
include that library into the shell script. I dotn know how to link a
library with shell script so that while executing it gets all the supor tof
the library which it requires.

As you have asked about linker  not explicitly iam passing anything to
linker calling linker from shell script.

My need is to simple run the shell script which need a support of a library.
Toa chieve it how to link thast library to shell script i dont know. It
might be like you said calling linker from shell script. i dontknow how it
can be achieved.

You tell me in general sense if this the senario how to do it.

I hope i make problem somewhat clear to you.

Ankit