[CMake] Parallel builds and Eclipse CDT4 generator

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:37:12 EDT 2009

We currently use three of CMake's generators: "Unix Makefiles", "KDevelop3",
and "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles", and we're interested in doing parallel
builds. Doing so with makefiles is trivial (make -j#), as well as with
KDevelop3 (only _one_ parameter must be edited in the build options of the
project). However Eclipse is still eluding me (I must confess that I'm quite
new to it).
My current hack is to edit individual targets and change the name of the
target from, say 'all' to '-j# all', and it works. However, I haven't found
a project-wide policy that if edited once, will affect all targets. I cannot
set the default build command, because apparently CMake generates each
target with a custom build command.

Any clues from the CMake-Eclipse experts?

I'm using CMake 2.6.2 and Eclipse CDT5 (not CDT4, could this be an issue?)

Thanks,

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian

Robotics engineer