[CMake] Documentation bug(?) in CheckC(XX)SourceCompiles

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 11:12:43 EST 2009

On 6. Mar, 2009, at 16:44, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Marcel Loose wrote:
>> After further inspection, I think my observation holds true for all
>> Check*.cmake files in the Modules directory, not just the
>> CheckC(XX)SourceCompiles files.
>
> It is a cache variable so that the test is not run over and over
> each time CMake is run.  unset is in cmake 2.6.3.
>
> -Bill

I don't think that UNSET would be the good way to go in Marcel's case
(i.e. various tests in a FOREACH loop), because as you point out, they
would be rerun every time CMake runs. I think it would be preferable
to clarify the documentation and mention that it is a good idea to use
unique variable names.

Michael