[CMake] open source project for CMake ports?

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sat Mar 7 10:51:41 EST 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 6:42 AM, Peter Drahos <drahosp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm one of the developers of LuaDist (Lua module distribution and build
> system) that uses CMake for building. Its rather simple "ports"-like tool
> that can install Lua modules and few libraries that we CM'd, including
> simple version and dependency management. The system can build for
> OSX/MinGW/Cygwin/VS/Linux and Unix systems. While it was written for Lua
> modules initially we are already generalizing the system for similar goals
> as pointed out by Philip.
>
> It might be interesting for you to check out.
>
> HP: http://luadist.sourceforge.net/
> SVN: http://luadist.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/luadist/
> MODULES:
> http://dna42.homeip.net/luadist/repo/Universal/source/stable/modules/

On the surface this looks very similar to what we are developing.  There are
some differences in goals and implementations.  It's very likely that we
would be able to share work.

We are going to provide zip archives of our packages as well.  We're
planning on constructing the ZIP files from patches submitted by others
(both to source and CMakeLists.txt).  Also our goal is just to build popular
3rd party libraries, not Lua modules.  Of course where your modules depend
on 3rd party libraries there could be a great opportunity for collaboration.

--
Philip Lowman