[CMake] Running ctest with MallocScribble (Mac OS X)

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Mar 4 13:03:35 EST 2009

Hi all,

Mac OS X has an environment variable named MallocScribble that, when set
to 1, enables some valgrind-like debug features.  See:
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Performance/Conceptual/
ManagingMemory/Articles/MallocDebug.html>

I'd like to enable this on my dashboards.  I tried an Experimental:
<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=284391>

When MallocScribble is on, the OS spews some info to stdout (I think) like:

"ctest(92723) malloc: enabling scribbling to detect mods to free blocks"

This output seems unexpected by ctest and appears to be the cause of
several test failures, such as:
<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=18246100&build=284391>

Any suggestion how to get this all working?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com