[CMake] Scope of a macro

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Mar 3 21:00:42 EST 2009

I will assume you are doing something like this:

include(/path/to/file/with/macros.cmake)
mymacro(args)

The easiest way to think of "include" is the same as a C/C++ #include.
CMake will take the contents of the file and "place" it inline in the
cmake file that is using the 'include' command. In that respect there
is no "scope". As long as CMake can open the file it can be included.

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net