[CMake] FindCxxTest doesn't look in CXXTEST_INCLUDE_DIR for helper executables (patch included)

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Mon Mar 2 20:32:20 EST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Tyler Roscoe <tyler at cryptio.net> wrote:

> FindCxxTest is a simple module. Other than a helper macro, it mostly
> just does:
>
> find_path(CXXTEST_INCLUDE_DIR cxxtest/TestSuite.h)
> find_program(CXXTEST_PERL_TESTGEN_EXECUTABLE cxxtestgen.pl)
> find_program(CXXTEST_PYTHON_TESTGEN_EXECUTABLE cxxtestgen.py)
>
> It figures out where CxxTest is installed, but then it doesn't use this
> information to help CMake locate the helper scripts.
>
> This seems like a bug to me. Should I open an issue in the tracker?
>

> I've also written a (so simple that I can do it) patch to fix the issue
> (included inline below). Should I attach the patch to the issue?

Tyler,

Good idea.  Thanks for the patch, I've merged it in.

If you like, you can also use CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to help find CxxTest.
Also, if you're using the RPM package of CxxTest which installs to /usr,
FindCxxTest will find it automatically.

Committer: Philip Lowman <philip at yhbt.com>
/cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Modules/FindCxxTest.cmake,v  <--  FindCxxTest.cmake

Philip Lowman