[CMake] Find* Modules and unusual package location

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 09:59:46 EST 2009

Hi all,

After reading the recently added wiki
doc<http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Improving_Find*_Modules>about
improving CMake Find* modules, I have a style question. In the section
that discusses finding packages in unusual locations, it is suggested that
"Each module should have an environment variable that is looked at first...
Once the module finds the package based on the environment variable, a CMake
cache variable of the same name should be created". Is there a naming
convention for this environment variable?. I was thinking that
<PackageName>_ROOT would be a good idea, since it would go along nicely with
existing CMake variables such as BOOST_ROOT.

I'm currently overhauling a bunch of custom-made Find* packages, and would
like to adhere as much as possible to the existing naming conventions.

Thanks in advance,

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian

Robotics engineer