[CMake] [CTest] DLLs, scripts, and build types

Gregory Sharp gregsharp.geo at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 16:34:41 EST 2009

Hello,  I ran into a problem with getting the CTest to run when
linking with a DLL.

1) My program links with ITK, and I build this as a DLL on windows.

2) During testing, my program needs to find the ITK dll.  I do not
wish to add to the global path.

3) My understanding is that the workaround for (2) is to create a
script which sets the path.  So I make a CMake script.  CTest launches
the CMake script, which sets the path, and runs my executable.

4) However, my CMake script needs to know the name of the executable.
The executable can be in Release, or Debug, or whatever.
Now I'm stuck, because I can't figure out how CMake can find the
right directory.  There is a similar issue for finding the ITK dll,
which can be in release or debug subdirectory.

I appreciate any advice.  Maybe there is a simple way?

Thank you,
--
Greg Sharp
gregsharp at geocities.com