[CMake] import library

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 15 10:59:19 EDT 2009

Brad King wrote:
> We'll have to teach CMake to work around the problem.  Please
> submit a bug report here:

Nevermind, I've fixed it already.  I'll schedule the fix for
release 2.6.5.

> If you really did mean
> to dllexport something, then you need to let VS put the import
> library somewhere.  One way to do this is to create the directory
> where CMake tells VS to put the library (this is what our fix to
> CMake will do).  In the CMakeLists.txt file containing this line:

Here is a simpler workaround:

   IF("${CMAKE_GENERATOR}" MATCHES "Visual Studio")
     # VS fails to create the exe's import library directory,
     # so tell it to do so.
     ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(TARGET mecan PRE_BUILD
       COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E make_directory
               ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR})
   ENDIF("${CMAKE_GENERATOR}" MATCHES "Visual Studio")

-Brad