[CMake] visual studio parallel build

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 11:53:43 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM, j s<j.s4403 at gmail.com> wrote:
> By default visual studio uses 2 threads on my machine, a dual core AMD.
>
> I notice when I have RUNTESTS (I can't remember) enabled, it may attempt to
> run the tests before my project is even built.
>
> If certain sub directories depend on a target in another directory already
> being built, is it safe to use the multi-threaded option in visual studio?

I have been using parallel builds with visual studio 2005 for over 1
year. It sometimes creates situations like this but since it saves me
10s of minutes per day I deal with the issues. Generally building the
same project a second time fixes any problems and is usually quick
since most stuff builds correctly on the first pas.

John