[CMake] Problems with CMake on 64-bit Vista

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jul 24 13:32:06 EDT 2009

Barry Hathaway wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Thanks for you reply.
> I'm not sure what the problem is with the side-by-side stuff.
> As for building a 64-bit version I get a bunch of syntax errors starting
> with:
>
> 8>C:\cmake-2.6.4\Utilities\cmtar\libtar/libtar.h(66) : error C2143:
> syntax error : missing ')' before '*'
> 8>C:\cmake-2.6.4\Utilities\cmtar\libtar/libtar.h(66) : error C2143:
> syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

I really think you have a broken compiler install....

I think this is failing because a different try-run is failing:

CHECK_TYPE_SIZE("ssize_t" SIZEOF_SSIZE_T)

If you look at the CMakeError.log for CMake I am guessing it is the same
manifest issue.   You can also look in your build tree at the config.h
file for libtar.  You can also try using --debug-trycompile and loading
up the tryrun project by hand and seeing if you can figure out what is
wrong.  Does this compiler install work for non-cmake builds?

-Bill