[CMake] [Cdash] configuring subprojects

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Jul 22 12:02:23 EDT 2009

The article I referred to earlier in this thread is now available
electronically in the pdf downloadable from here:
http://www.kitware.com/products/thesource/july2009.html

It's about using subprojects for your project in terms of its CDash
dashboard and in terms of its CMake-based build system. The article
appears on pp. 10 - 13 of The Source newsletter, July 2009. Subscribers will
receive their printed copies within the next couple of weeks.

A grep in the CMake code base for "SubProject" "LABELS" and
"CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS" reveals source level information. CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS
is required to classify build errors and warnings according to their
target/source files LABELS properties. If not used, no big deal, the build
errors and warnings will just not have the same set of LABELS associated
with them. CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS only currently makes sense with makefile
based builds (not Visual Studio or Xcode) using CVS CMake -- we are planning
on figuring out a way to make them useful via Visual Studio or at least to
retrieve the same information from the build logs. Stay tuned...

More documentation to come...

HTH,
David