[CMake] How to report deprecated functionalities (subdirs, install_files...)

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jul 16 10:32:15 EDT 2009

There is not a built-in method of identifying code like that, although that
would be a good feature request. Especially if it had a patch attached to
it... :-)
You could try this at the top of your CMakeLists.txt file:
function(SUBDIRS)
  message(FATAL_ERROR "error: using deprecated SUBDIRS")
endfunction()

Does CMake give you line number information if you create such a function?