[CMake] Processing the output from CMake build

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:29:48 EDT 2009

2009/7/15 Dieter Oberkofler <doberkofler.lists at gmail.com>:
>> Since the build is done by the target generator
>> (make, nmake, etc...) I would say the change should
>> be made in each generator you are wanting to support/use
>> beginning with Makefile generator.
> This is correct.
>
>> 1) On first invocation of CMake force the compiler to be yours:
>>
>> $ CC=filecc cmake <any other usual argument>
> I do not set CC. Actually I believe this is generally only available on
> Linux and OSX but not under Windows.
> Should setting the name of the compiler in the CMakeLists.txt not be enough?

No it is not, keep reading.

>> 2) SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER_INIT filecc) before PROJECT macro call
>>     in Your CMakeLists
> Currently I'm using SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER filecc) to set the compiler to my
> wrapper.
> Is it more appropriate to use CMAKE_C_COMPILER_INIT and what would be the
> difference?

The difference is CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER/CMAKE_C_COMPILER
are overwritten by CMake.

If you want to set those you should use the _INIT version
at least the Wiki says so.
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables#Compilers_and_Tools

(I did not test it myself I do use the 1) way on Linux)

>> Did you have a look at CTest+CDash,
>> CTest produces report for
>>   - Update
>>   - Configure
>>   - Build
>>   - Test
>> steps of a project.
> Not yet but if they are as good as CMake is, I should probably have a look
> at them.
>
> Thank you for your comments and help.

You are welcome.
If you come up with a working solution do not hesitate to post follow-up here
(and/or add Wiki entry on the subject).

--
Erk
http://www.april.org