[CMake] "continue" to find file with find_file

joe loeffel77 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 11:47:09 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am currently writing a FindXXX.cmake file which uses find_path to find
an include path. Unfortunately it turns out that there might be several versions of the file in the PATHs/HINTS (e.g. several revisions of the package). (I handle this with test using the try_compile command).

My question is the following:
If I determine that the path which cmake found with "find_path" is not the one, I am looking for (i.e. wrong version), is there a way to "continue" the find_path comment, to get the next match for a specific file? Alternatively is there a way to explicitly exclude a path (in my case the path of the first match) for the find_path command?

Cheers, Klaus