[CMake] Processing the output from CMake build

Dieter Oberkofler doberkofler.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 07:36:30 EDT 2009

I might sound old fashioned but I'm still only building from the command
line and only use an IDE (XCode on Mac and VS on the PC) when debugging.
I therefore manually changed the CMake compile and link rules to always
generate an error file for each file that gets compiled or linked.
This is quite complex in CMake (I have filed an enhancement request some
time ago but it does not seem to affect many others) and basically needs to
create a simple wrapper application that encapsulates the compiler and
linker invocations and automatically redirects the output to a separate
file.
I was wondering how others deal with this issue and understand, if there are
better way to do this?
Thank you,
-D