[CMake] Adding external DLLs to installer created with CPack

Robert Matusewicz matekm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:03:32 EDT 2009

I use CPack and NSIS to create graphic installer for Windows. And
everything works great except one thing. I can't fing good way to add
external DLLs to the installer. in my case I need QtGui4.dll,
QtOpenGL4.dll and libpng.dll. For now, I placed all those dlls into
directory that I called DLL and add this install command to
CMakeLists.txt

install (FILES "D:/DLL/QtGui4.dll"
                     "D:/DLL/QtOpenGL4.dll"
                     "D:/DLL/libpng.dll"
                     DESTINATION bin)

But this is obvious that not all developers will want to create this
folder and place in it all required DLLs. So, is there any way to
check where those dlls are? I tried to look at CMakeCPack.cmake in
CMake source but didn't found anything.

Cheers
Robert

--