[CMake] CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT being ignored?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jul 10 16:49:54 EDT 2009

On 7/10/09 1:41 PM, Kenneth Riddile said:

>I've found that if I don't try to set CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT in my script,
>but instead set it in the GUI (I'm using the GUI), I can set it to what
>I want, but ONLY if I set it to the full path to the SDK like so:
>/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS2.1.sdk

Xcode's ability to specify SDKs by name instead of full path was added
in, IIRC, Xcode 3.  Likely CMake does not support that syntax.  Indeed,
to do so, it would need to somehow map names to paths and unless it
could query Xcode for that mapping it would not be very forward compatible.

>First, XCode 2.4
>projects are generated and I believe 3.x projects are required for all
>the features required for iphone development (code-signing, etc).

See:
<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=9216>

>Is anyone
>actually using CMake for iphone development and I just don't know what
>I'm doing, or am I trying to do something that's beyond CMake's current
>capabilities?

I'm pretty sure you are on the bleeding edge here.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com