[CMake] [New Module] FindHDF5.cmake

Will Dicharry wdicharry at stellarscience.com
Tue Jul 7 11:37:12 EDT 2009

Denis Scherbakov wrote:
>> I have written a find module that invokes the hdf5 wrapper
>> compiler to determine libraries and includes that are
>> necessary for clients of HDF5.  I tried to follow the
>> guidelines for formatting and naming set forth in the module
>> readme.  At the moment, the module has been tested on
>> Linux, AIX, and Cray (CNL) systems.
>
> I can immediately report a bug in your package, without even loooking
> at it. During cross-compiling no program can be executed.

While it is true that no try_run commands can be executed, exec_program
can be invoked with native binaries on the host system.  Since h5(p)cc
is simply a wrapper around the host system's compiler (which may indeed
be cross compiling) it can be launched in this fashion.  CMake's current
FindMPI module works this way.

--Will

--
Will Dicharry