[CMake] Fedora 11 and mingw32

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Tue Jul 7 09:42:52 EDT 2009

Zitat von dulsi at identicalsoftware.com:

> Quoting "Hendrik Sattler" <post at hendrik-sattler.de>:
>
>> Zitat von dulsi at identicalsoftware.com:
>>
>>> Adding /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw isn't going to accomplish
>>> anything as /include is not in the list that FindSDL.cmake is looking
>>> at.  It is looking for /usr/include.  I tried it anyway and it still
>>> doesn't find SDL.  I could modify FindSDL.cmake to make it work but my
>>> goal is to make the program compile on a standard fedora system.
>>
>> I cite myself: "You may also have to call include_directories() for all
>> standard include paths in your root paths."
>> This may include adding the your include/SDL.
>>
>> I admit that FindSDL is not using the latest technique of PATH_SUFFIXES
>> the right way (should be include include/SDL include/SDL11
>> include/SDL12, and the PATHS list below should be much smaller then).
>> Nevertheless, doing it right in the toolchain file will probably make
>> it work.
>> You can also set the variable ENV{SDLDIR} in your toolchain file if you
>> find that easier:
>> set ( ENV{SDLDIR} /my/path/to/include/SDL )
>>
>> HS
>
> While I could do that, it defeats the purpose of the mingw32
> cross-compiler.  The point is to allow you to cross-compile for windows
> without needing any changes to your project.  I've filed a bug with
> fedora to see if it can be fixed.

That doesn't make sense to me. The toolchain file is usually not part
of the project. Did Fedory provide the cmake toolchain file or did you
write it yourself. I guess the latter.

Neither should you ship toolchain files with your project. That will
never work for different development environments.

HS