[CMake] Efficient way to create a new branch from an existing working copy

Dieter Oberkofler doberkofler.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 02:33:01 EDT 2009

The typical way how we create a new branch from a trunk is by copying the
trunk to a new branch on the server and then checkout the new branch to a
local working copy.
As this is a very common procedure, I was wondering if this can eventually
also be done in a more efficient/fast way.
Is there way to - instead of checking out the new working copy - physically
duplicate the working copy and then somehow tell Subversion to take this new
directory as the working copy on the server?
Thank you,
Dieter