[CMake] ASM support

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Thu Jan 29 15:11:34 EST 2009

Alexander Neundorf wrote, long ago, re using ASM:
>If you are using an embedded toolchain, the generic "ASM" language should work
>for you. Preset CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER to your compiler (following the
>instructions at http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling ) and create
>a Generic-<basename_of_the_assembler>.cmake in the Platform directory where
>you set up the rules variables (CMAKE_ASM_COMPILE_OBJECT etc.).

What is the "<basename_of_the_assembler>"? I am indeed using a toolchain; not sure what "embedded" means in this context. Here's what I've tried.

I added "ASM" to the PROJECT statement:
        project(myproj C ASM)

My zosport.cmake contains:
        SET(CMAKE_ASM_COMPILER "rexx" "cc.rex dcxx.exe")

I added a .asm file to the list of .c files to compile.

CMAKE reports "-- Loaded CMakeASMInformation - ASM support is still experimental, please report issues" but never tries to assemble the .asm file.

So I tried creating Generic-rexx.cmake, as well as Generic-asm.cmake.  Still no go.

I'm missing something(s)!
--
...phsiii

Phil Smith III