[CMake] INSTALL dependencies

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 17:41:25 EST 2009

On 28.01.09 22:58:04, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Alexander Neundorf
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to install a target's dependencies using the INSTALL(
> >> TARGET ... ) signature? I. e. something like INSTALL ( TARGET mytarget
> >> INSTALL_DEPENDENCIES ) which goes through the parameters of
> >> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES and installs them too.
> >
> > Like this ?
> > http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=4266
>
> More or less. In that bug report, you talk about building and
> installing libraries which are built by the CMake build system you
> have in place.
>
> The main purpose I had when I proposed INSTALL ( TARGET ...
> INSTALL_DEPENDENCIES ) was a bit broader: have "make install" install
> not only the depending libraries I build with CMake but also the
> third-party libraries I find with FIND_PACKAGE( ... )  and use in
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES.

But why? You've already found them, so they are already installed. There's
no point in installing them again. I guess you actually want to create a
distributable package of your app containing all dependencies? For that
install is IMHO simply the wrong tool.

Andreas

--
You will feel hungry again in another hour.